AJ Energi & Strø - 100% rapeseed straw bedding
Our rapeseed straw is a natural product which is processed in Denmark; it is heat-treated, contains minimal dust and is free of bacteria.
The bedding is extremely absorbent, which means that the surface is always dry. It thus creates a better environment in the stable.
It can be used almost anywhere, often with considerable savings of time, quantity and cost by comparison with shavings or regular straw.
AJ-Rape straw pellets for horses
This product is an excellent bedding for horse boxes; the pellets are bacteria-free and have minimal dust content, which means that the bedding has a positive effect on thrush and colic. Furthermore, it is much easier to muck out than conventional material because there is less material to be moved and hence a smaller manure heap. The rape straw pellets continue to be absorbent until they are orange or completely dark brown.
Benefits of using AJ Rape Straw Pellets
- Entirely natural product, heat-treated
- Extremely absorbent
- Soft springy base. Some horses use it to rest on
- Moisture is absorbed into the bottom layer, keeping the surface dry at all times
- Binds ammonia smells
- Positive effect on thrush and colic
- Better stable environment / minimises flies
- Does not adhere to the concrete; easier cleaning
- Minimal manure heap (around 35% of the size of a conventional heap)
- Makes daily mucking out easy; cheap to use
- Decomposes easily in the field
- 8-mm pellets
Application – horse box bedding
In a new box, apply five centimetres of AJ Rape Straw Pellets over the whole box. The pellets will expand to around 2½ times their initial size. If some dust is given off at the outset, the bedding can be sprinkled with water (7-10 litres of water per box is recommended).
Remove all horse droppings and wet spots as part of your daily routine. New pellets (around 30-40 kg) should normally be applied once a week so that there is always 10-12 cm of bedding in the box. The quantity may be increased or decreased depending on the individual horse/pony. When the pellets have been crushed the box can be raked so that it is always soft and welcoming.
Annual consumption approx.
1,000 kg per box for a horse or
500 kg per box for a pony