AJ Energi & Strø - bedding of 100% rapeseed straw
The rapeseed straw is a natural product which is Danish processed, heat treated, with minimal dust and free of bacteria.
The bedding for poultry is extremely absorbent, which means that the surface is always dry, and this results in a better environment in the stable.
It can be used almost anywhere and often with great results in terms of time/quantity/economy – compared to shavings or regular straw.
AJ-Kross Grov - bedding for poultry
AJ-Kross Grov is appropriate for chickens/hens (grow outdoors, organics, and so on). It absorbs from the (concrete) floor, and of this it creates a dry surface, as will remain porous and movable. It is a soft and dry base to walk on, because it protects their pads. The chickens/hens love to “sandbathe” in the product.
Broilers: Start-up with 2 cm. If you have underfloor heating start with less than 2 cm.
Stray hens: Start-up with 3-5 cm.
Hens: around 3 kg. per m2.
Broilers: around 2 kg per m2.
Benefits of using AJ-Kross Grov - bedding for poultry
- Pure nature product and heat-treated.
- Extreme suction capacity, as minimises the heat consumption.
- Extreme gentle to their pads / Minimise picking, gives a calmer stable.
- Neither bacteria or fungal spores.
- “Sandbathe” / soft bouncy base.
- Easy to handle. You can use it through a flexible auger.
- It sticks the ammoniac smell, it also encases muck.
- Better environment in the fowl houses.
- Easy to muck out.
- Does not stick to the base, easy to clean up, if it sticks to the base.
- Easy negotiable in the field
- The fowl house warms before use of the bedding.