AJ Energi & Strø - 100% rapeseed straw bedding
Our rapeseed straw is a natural product which is processed in Denmark; it is heat-treated, contains minimal dust and is free of bacteria.
The bedding is extremely absorbent, which means that the surface is always dry. It thus creates a better environment in the stable.
It can be used almost anywhere, often with considerable savings of time, quantity and cost by comparison with shavings or regular straw.
AJ Kross Grov – poultry bedding
AJ Kross Coarse is suitable for chickens/hens (free-range, organic, etc.). It absorbs moisture from the (concrete) floor, thus creating a dry surface since it remains porous and movable. It provides a soft and dry base to walk on because it protects the hens’ feet. The chickens/hens love to sandbathe in this product.
Broilers: Start with 2 cm, or less if you have underfloor heating.
Free-range hens: Start with 3-5 cm.
Hens: around 3 kg/m2
Broilers: around 2 kg/m2
Benefits of using AJ Kross Coarse poultry bedding
- Entirely natural product, heat-treated
- Highly absorbent; minimises heat consumption
- Extremely gentle on the feet
- Minimises feather-pecking, giving a calmer poultry house
- No bacteria or fungal spores
- Soft springy base; good for sandbathing
- Easy to handle. Can be applied through a flexible auger
- Binds ammonia smells and binds muck
- Better environment in the poultry house
- Easy to muck out
- Does not adhere to the base, so easy to clean up
- Decomposes easily in the field
- The poultry house should be heated before bedding is applied.
Download / print AJ-Kross Grov product sheet